Everybody wants to give their child the very best chance of growing and learning at a good pace and it is very important from a very young age to give children the very best baby developmental toys available in order to help them with this.
In actual fact, this goes to say even if your child has been diagnosed as special needs or is developmentally slow, and I would say even especially so, as special needs children need the extra simulation to develop the skills that they do have at an early age. This is also the reason why early intervention is so vitally important.
Personally, I have found that the wide range of Baby Einstein toys and videos have helped Natan Shai’s development tremendously over the years. In fact, he still enjoys them today. We love the quality and the price of these toys, so I’d like to help you out and review a few of the very best Baby Einstein toys that are available and show you what we use at home. So with no further ado let’s go ahead and take a look at them.
Baby Einstein Sea Dreams Soother – Review
We love this one for new babies and special needs children alike. It has soft lights and soothing classical melodies which combine together to get your baby off to sleep. It has 25 minutes of continuous play including an enchanting cast of Baby Einstein characters which are sure to help your baby fall into a peaceful dream.
It also includes a drift-off feature which slowly dims lights and sounds in ten-minute intervals as your baby slowly drifts off to sleep. Another great feature is the included remote control which allows you to operate the toy from within 15 feet without disturbing your baby. It has a universal crib attachment which allows it to be attached to just about any crib or it can be used bedside too.
This toy can help soothe special needs children like Natan Shai who incidentally suffers from insomnia due to his Hydranencephaly condition and has a really hard time falling asleep. Nowadays he has medication to help him, but when he was smaller this really helped him.
- The star button is pushed to turn it on, so it can be used kind of like a switch toy which is great!
- The underwater lighting effect is very cool.
- The classical music is tolerable, which is quite unusual with kids toys, to say the least!
- The way it can be hung on a crib and its light function is very useful.
- The volume difference between high and low is rather pronounced.
- The battery doesn’t last long so worth getting rechargeables.
- The remote doesn’t work in standby mode.
In my opinion, it is all in all a great developmental toy from the reputable house of Baby Einstein. And for less than $25 you can’t really go wrong.
Baby Einstein Discovering Music Activity Table – Review
- This toy grows with your baby.
- Great stimulation.
- High-quality easy listening music.
- Many different functions to play with.
- Easily assembled.
- The legs cannot be taken off once attached, so only attach when your baby grows.
- Songs are a little repetitive.
All in all, we think this is a great toy for developmental purposes as well as a lot of fun. It can be bought from Amazon on sale for under $27 which is a great price for a toy with so many functions.
Baby Einstein is definitely one of the leaders in developmental toys and videos. Natan Shai loves the videos they make too and they can keep him calm for hours on end.
How Do I Know Which Toy Is The Right Choice?
There are so many toys to choose from that making a decision on what to buy can be difficult, to say the least. And the right toy will depend on the age and developmental stage of your baby or child. These are a few of the questions you need to ask yourself when choosing the right toy:
- Is the toy safe? In fact, any toy can be unsafe incorrectly used. Toys that are safe for one age may not be safe at all for a younger child. For example, you wouldn’t give marbles which are perfectly fine for a six-year-old to a one-year-old
- Does the toy interest your child? If it’s interesting then your child will play with it without being forced or prodded into it. Usually, toys that can be used in a variety of ways are the most appealing.
- Does the toy require somebody to play with them or can it be used alone?
- What kind of play will the toy encourage? For example, there are toys which can make your child liven up and other toys which can quiet him down. Both are appropriate but at the right time of day.
I hope this short guide has helped you to make the right decision about which developmental toy to buy. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask in the comments below and I’ll get right back to you 🙂